Friday, June 7, 2013

Day Five: Carlsbad, NM

Departed from Deming, NM at 8:25am (7:25am CA Time)
Was at the 1,500 mark when leaving
Arrived in Carlsbad, NM at 1:18pm (12:18pm CA Time)
262.7mi added to trip.


El Paso is huge but we didn't stay very long. Everything else along the road was pretty desolate and flat.


I got to drive through Customs and Border Patrol. That was a fun three minutes of questioning.
  1. Am I a US Citizen (no I am from Cuba)
  2. Where did I get the car ( Stole it from the guy in the passenger seat)
  3. Where am I coming from and going to ( Paradise to Nuna)
He was way to serious but I kept my answers honest and short then made my "funnies" when driving away.


We are spending two days here in Carlsbad. Today was sort a relax day, tomorrow we hit it hard with Caverns at 9am take the 3.5 hour tour then get lunch. After lunch we are going to go to the planetarium maybe and go back to the caverns at night to watch the bats fly out. (Don`t bats like blonde hair???)

So for pictures today I only have...(There will be tons for tomorrow that I can Promise)


The Whiner Diner in Carlsbad, NM




Entering Texas (Two Parts)
 
 
 
Entering Mexico (say it in a Mexican Accent por favor)






 




TTFN,
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment