Monday, May 2, 2016

Day Three: Panguitch, UT and Bryce Canyon

We took off to the Bryce Canyon Lodge a little earlier than needed but arrived safely. When we got to the lodge we check in to our ride then went to the visitor center. Walt and I adopted a Utah Perrie Dog while there so that was interesting. Basically there is only a small amoutn left and last week two were hit by cars in the park. They want to raise awareness of these adorable little critters.

After the visitor center we headed down to the corrals a little early (we both were itching to start the ride) There was a least 50 horses and mules just relaxing against rails. I watched a feisty palomino try to untie himself and torture the poor mule next tot him. I told Walt it would be funny if thats who i got stuck with.


The weather was a little overcasty and chilly but I didnt care at all. I had two options when the guy asked how much riding experiance I had; I could tell him I rode all the time or just say very little. I went went with the first option. I was assigned Yellow Jacket a Golden Palomino (yes the evil one) and Walt was assigned a pokey tall mule. Her name was Ol` Red, Walt wanted a tall one. I was told Yellow Jacket was a little speedy adn would have to be ridden not the other way around. It felt nice being assigned a horse that wasnt just a "Typical dude ranch horse."

The ride was 9 miles and just over 3 hours long. The view was amazing as you can tell by the pictures. Im so glad we were able to do the ride instead of just drive around the canyon rim. OUr guide Eddy was absoultely hilarious and I would highly suggest riding out with him. THere was about 7 people in our small group with 3 other groups behind us.


I would go back on a ride again tomorrow if given the option to go. One the best ways to see the world is on the back of a magical creature. Yellow Jacket reminded me so much of my first horse Buddy so it was a little bittersweet.


Enjoy the small collage of photos of Bryce Canyon

TTFN,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment