Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day Five: Chinle,AZ

So today Walt and I went on a tour of Canyon de Chelly. I tried to post a video talking about the trip but the internet at the hotel isn`t that great. I learned a few words while on the ride and saw some amazing sights. There is so much to learn by digging into the past and I`m lucky that I could hear some of the stories that the Navajo Indians have.

Here are some pictures from today`s ride.

 Above are some pictographs that the "Old Ones", Hopi, Navajo, Toas people would make to mark their presence.
 Below is one of the many settlements built out of the surrounding sandstone to house 100-600 people at a time. The average lifespan of the "Old Ones" was roughly 35-40 years. They were short and really good climbers.

I also took a few videos using the GoPro but blogger doesn't want me to upload those. Basically as we were driving the canyon floor I stuck the stick with the GoPro out the window and recorded the view around me. 
TTFN,
Ashley

Lovely tour guide Leona

1 comment: