Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day Eleven & Day Twelve Moab,UT

Day Eleven:
So yesterday we left and headed for Moab,UT along the way we stopped at Monument Valley and The Goose Necks. This was incredible to drive out and see. Lets start with what the car looked like to begin with.

So pretty and red right.......
Well we drove around the ground floor of the monuments. Saw a few rocks, well they were rocks but they are way more cooler in person.



Here is a few samples of what we saw.





 They were awesome. The one I really liked was the Three Sisters. ^








Here is the car after driving around in the lovely red soft dirt.
It was filthy. We are just now heading to the car wash tonight to clean it because we weren`t sure how dirty it would get today.




We also went to the Goosenecks and I took a step to far back.













Day Twelve:

We stayed in Moab so we could go to Arches National Park.
Got up at 7am, had breakfast then took off to hike to see some of the most famous arches in the world.

For those of you who watch my facebook you have heard about my 7 mile adventure. I hike a total of 10miles today Walt hiked about 1/2 that. It was roughly 78-80 degrees out by 930am. We started by takng the side road to see Balanced Rock then doing a short hike to the Delicate Arch. Which was amazing (a word I shall use a lot this entry).



After returning to the car we drove out to do the 7.2 mile hike to see Landscape Arch, Double O Arch and Dark Angel. Well about 3 miles in Walt had it. He waited in the shade and sent me the "Strong and Fit" one on to see the amazing arches. I made it all the way to Landscape and Double O arch however, i had no energy to walk the side loop out to the Dark angel rock. I took the pictures then crawled my way back to Walt and the car. Not after I attempted a side adventure up some deep sand towards a small hole in the sandstone. My plan was to climb up into the hole and have Walt take a picture. This did NOT work because I was too short to reach my happy butt up to the first ledge. It looked pretty awesome though.

Pictured is the Landscape and Double O Arches.

Now here comes the best part to end our fabtabulous day. Walt signed us up to take a Jeep Tour and it was WORTH IT. Would take it again in a heart beat. We jumped in the jeep at 1:30pm and took off for a 2hr tour. Walt was a little worried when we started out going up this huge hill. When I see the guys post pictures of flexing their trucks and rock climbing I think they are nuts but what We did today was intense. Moab has some of the best sights and trails out here.

Guys this is supposed to be a flat landscape. View from outside the jeep window. Not as intense as the others but those were "have to be there to experience it" moments.

The lovely jeep that was our chariot. This at an angle and YES we went up that huge hill. 
This is the Colorado River from up above. So pretty.

This was such an amazing way to end the day and we are exhausted. Tomorrow we are off to Mesquite,NV for the stretch home.

TTFN,






No comments:

Post a Comment