Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day Thirty-Two: Last day of Washington D.C.

Just got back from the most brilliant display of fireworks. Took metro to Capitol South and walked to the sitting area. I found a semi dry spot in the shade to lay my over-shirt on ( I didn't bring a blanket). From 330-830pm I along with what seemed like thousands of others found spots to sit and wait. 9:15pm the show began right on time. The crowd was a little rowdy with chants of U.S.A and screaming but what a magnificent show.







After the finale the fun really began... getting back to the metro without being trampled. Walt and I were lucky as soon as we got on the platform the metro we needed was there so we and hundreds of others piled into the cars. I had some sliver of hope that maybe people wouldn't try to push and shove, scream and yell but, that hope soon vanished as I was jostled around the car until finally our stop came. Jumped off made it out alive (my last time on the metro) and hailed a taxi to get back to hotel.




D.C. and Arlington have been amazing and although it was great I am glad to be moving on to our next stop. Carlisle/ Gettysburg here we come.


I am going to attempt to post two videos of the fireworks on here. If they do not work please comment telling me so I can fix it.




TTFN,
Ashley

1 comment: